The Scholarly Wikipedia
Ever really wanted to use Wikipedia for an assignment but you professor said no? Reference books are the scholarly equivalent of Wikipedia because they are basic info written by experts using reliable sources. And they are a great place to begin your research and to come back to as you have questions about terms and concepts you encounter.
Use them for...
- Definitions of terms, ideas, movements, or concepts.
- Choosing a narrower topic from a broad field
- Learning the basic background of a topic so you understand the articles and books on your topic
- Finding alternate keywords to use when searching the databases
- Article and book references that you can use to find more sources
Find this reference book!