There are a few things you should consider when evaluating a website's credibility that you normally don't worry about with books and articles:
Spelling and Grammar
- If a site is full of typos, don't use it as a source.
- If many links on the website lead nowhere, no one is making an effort to maintain the site.
Type of Website
- .edu = educational institution, like a university’s website
- .gov = United States government website
- .org = organizational website, often for a non-profit organization but not always
- .com & .net = commercial website and most likely the least credible of the websites