About this Guide
Welcome to your guide on finding research for PAD 5005: Policy Process and Democracy!
This guide provides resources and tips for tracking legislative histories:
Resources for Tracking Legislative Intent
No matter level of government you are researching, there are certain documents or resources you will find useful in determining the intent behind the legislation. This included, but are not limited to:
- Orginial text of the legislation as it was first proposed
- Amendments/revisions to the legislation that were either accepted or rejected
- Committee hearings or debates on the legislation
- Subcommittee reports and hearings on the legislation
- Any relevant case law involving the legislation
Finding this information will be different at each level of government.