Introduction to this LibGuide!
This guide is designed to help you write your policy paper for PAD 5001 as well as to introduce you to the basics of using the Kraemer Family Library (aka the university’s library). While this guide is jam packed with information, it will focus on:
• Using the Library VPN to access library resources from home
• Searching the library catalog to find scholarly books or government information
• Searching recommended library databases for newspaper, magazine, and journal articles
• Finding local information
What can your librarian do for you?
I am your personal research resource for PAD 5001 and I specialize in finding public administration, political science, and criminal justice research. So feel free to contact me for help for any of your classes! You can:
• Make an appointment with me to cover a specific research topic in depth. So essentially, you tell me about your topic and assignment and I’ll help you find some resources to help you!
• Email me your questions – anything from Library VPN questions to research related questions.
Can't reach me? The Library has an excellent Reference Desk that is staffed by knowledgeable librarians. You can call, email, or instant message the Reference Desk! Check out how on the Library's Ask Us page.
LiONiL: Library Instruction Online for Information Literacy
The LiONiL tutorial is an overview of how to use our resources. Click on the image below to begin.