Ask a Librarian!
Need help with research or using the library? You can chat, call, email, or text the Library's Reference Desk.
Email: Send an Email
Visiting Your Friendly Neighborhood Librarian
During the current semester, there is a librarian at the Reference Desk to assist you with any questions during the following times:
If you're at home, you can call us at 719-255-3295, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us.
Introduction to this LibGuide!
This guide is designed to help you with your leadership paper for ID 1010 - Driven. While this guide is jam packed with information, it will focus on:
• Using the Library VPN to access library resources from home
• Search tips and strategies that can be used to find books and journal articles
• Finding academic research, such as books and journal articles
A Helpful Checklist
For this assignment, here is what I recommend:
- Create your keywords list
- If you are unfamiliar with your leader, use a reference source
- Search your keywords in the library catalog (search for books)
- Search your keywords in a database (search for journal articles)
If you can't find at least 2 academic resources, consider modifying your keywords or talking with the library's reference desk.
Citing Your Research
You must cite your research for your leadership paper! While most library tools, such as the catalog, provide you with citation information, rarely do they show you HOW to cite a resource.
If you need help citing research, I recommend using:
- UCCS Writing Center: You can use their online services and handouts or just drop in.
- OWL at Purdue: A concise guide on how to cite sources in MLA and APA.
as just a few resources.
What can your librarian do for you?
I am your personal research resource for this class. So feel free to contact me for help for any of your classes! You can:
• Make an appointment with me to cover a specific research topic in depth.
• Email me your questions – anything from Library VPN questions to research related questions.
Can't reach me? The Library has an excellent Reference Desk that is staffed by knowledgeable librarians. You can call, email, instant message, or text the Reference Desk! Check out how on the Library's Ask Us page.