Using the Reference Desk
During the current semester, there is a librarian at the Reference Desk to assist you with any questions during the following times:
If you're at home, you can call us at 719-255-3295, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us.
Ask a Librarian!
Need help with research or using the library? You can chat, call, email, or text the Library's Reference Desk.
Email: Send an Email
Welcome to your LibGuide!
This guide is designed to help CJ 1001 understand some basic concepts of criminal justice research as well as to introduce you to how to access/use resources in the Kraemer Family Library (aka the university’s library). While this guide is jam packed with information, it will focus on:
• Using the Library VPN to access library resources from home
• Search for a specific journal or find a journal article from a citation
• Search in criminal justice specific databases
• Evaluate the creditability of sources you find
What your librarian can do for you!
I am your personal research resource for CJ 1001 and I specialize in finding criminal justice research. So feel free to contact me for help for any of your classes! You can:
• Make an appointment with me to cover a specific research topic in depth. So essentially, you tell me about your topic and assignment and I’ll help you find some resources to help you!
• Email me your questions – anything from Library VPN questions to research related questions.
Can't reach me? The Library has an excellent Reference Desk that is staffed by knowledgeable librarians (see information on the left side of this page). You can call, email, or instant message the Reference Desk!