In this example, we will add the item barcode to an already customized Print Template.
1) To add a barcode, Open the Palette
**NOTE: (Ctrl + Shift + 8) is a shortcut key for the Palette pane**
2) Select the Barcode element for the palette and drag it to the desired area within the Print Template.
3) iReport will now display a window. Choose the correct barcode format for your institution. Then select to Use.
4) The barcode element is now in the Print Template. Select it if it's not already highlighted.
5) Resize the barcode and align to display properly
**NOTE: In this example a static text field was added to the left to identify the barcode field**
6) Now the Code Expression needs to be changed to a Print Template data library element. Make sure the barcode element is still selected and bring-up the Properties pane.
**NOTE: (Ctrl + Shift + 7) is a shortcut key for the element Properties pane**
a. Select the button to the right of Code Expression to bring up the code expression editor
b. Change the default Barcode Code Expression to the correct data field.
This is what the Print Template should look like after inserting/manipulating the barcode element
Back to Top
For Research Assistance:Click to chatChat is offline. | Call: 719-255-3295 | Text(sms): 719-344-2381