Images that are to be printed need to be treated differently from images that will be emailed, e.g. an image included in a circulation notice.
Images in Templates to Be Printed
To use images in print templates that are to be printed, keep in mind the following:
Images in Templates for Circulation Notices and Receipts to Be Emailed
To use images in print templates for circulation notices, due slips, and Ecommerce receipts that are to be emailed, keep in mind the following:
Images can be added to any template that you work with.
In this example a new image will be in the Title section of a routing slip.
1) Select Palette from the sidebar menu.
**HINT: If you don't see a palette sidebar, you can use the shortcut key (Ctrl+ Shift + 8).**
2) With the Palette sidebar menu open select and drag Image to the desired template section (Title).
3) A window will now open to browse and select the image file. Select the desired image to be placed within the template.
The image should now be listed under the Title section, and it should also be visible on the design view of the template.
4) Click on the image, or select the image file name under the Title section to get the resizing handles to appear around the image. Resize as needed to fit into the space allotted.
The other elements within the Title section may have to be moved/resized for the template to display just right. The template design can be checked by clicking on the "Preview" button.
Adding images is not hard, but it may involve moving or resizing existing elements for the template to display correctly.
Because this template will be printed you need to be sure you follow the image rules for printed templates:
Replacing this is as easy as inserting a new one.
1) To replace an existing image select the image and then select "Properties" to expand out properties window. The image will be highlighted to indicate it is active/selected.
2) A properties box should pop up for the image that looks like this:
The image is defined by the Image Expression property. You can update the image by replacing the old image name with the new image name.
Remember the image rules!
If your Templates will be printed (not emailed)...
If your Templates will be emailed...
You could use the following button...
iReport Browse Button
...to open the Image Expression editor. Some may find it is easier to type in the file name within this editor.
iReport Image Expression Editor
The image may not refresh immediately after the new file name has been typed in. If this is the case, save the template file that is being modified. Now close and reopen the template file. Once the template file is opened again the new image should be shown.