There are a few housekeeping tasks that need to be taken care of before you can use Print Templates. These include:
Click through the other tabs in this box for information about how to get these set-up in your system.
By default, the Print Template option is turned-off in both Millennium and Sierra. To utilize Print Templates you first need to turn the feature "on." Here you will find information on enabling the Print Templates option in Millennium and Sierra.
1) Select A >ADDITIONAL system functions.
2) Select A > ALTER system Parameters.
3) Select S > SYSTEM codes.
4) Select O > Set system OPTIONS.
5) Select D > Database maintenance.
6) Select 41 > Enable Print Templates and change the setting to YES.
1) Log into Sierra Administration application.
2) Select System Files.
3) Select Admin Corner.
4) Select Launch Admin Corner.
5) A SSH terminal window will open, and it will prompt for login.
6) Select A > ADDITIONAL system functions.
7) Select A > ALTER system parameters.
8) Select S > SYSTEM codes.
9) The system will prompt again for credentials to access System codes.
10) Select O > Set system OPTIONS.
11) The system will prompt again for credentials to access System options.
12) Select D > Database maintenance.
13) Find the number in the list of Database maintenance list that is labeled Enable Print Templates, and then type that number at the prompt.
***NOTE: Your number for Enable Print Templates maybe different on your system***
14) Change the Enable Print Templates setting to YES by typing the letter 'y'.
15) Confirm that the setting is now enabled.
|Permissions Name and Number||Function||Assign to...|
|282-Preview Print Templates||Allows the user to preview print templates stored in the ILS.||Anyone who will be creating custom print templates and anyone who will be using print templates.|
|283-Update Print Templates Tab||Allows the user to preview print templates, move templates between the Preferred and Other Templates lists, and select the Output Type, Use Print Templates, and Select Template options.||Anyone who will be creating custom print templates and anyone who will be using print templates.|
|284-Import/Export Print Templates||Allows the user to import and export both default and custom templates from the system.||Anyone who will be creating custom print templates.|
|285-Delete Print Templates||Allows the user to delete custom templates from the system.||Anyone who will be creating custom print templates and anyone who will be managing/administering your ILS.|
1) From the Admin menu, select Passwords and Authorizations.
2) Select the user you want to grant the authorization to.
3) Select the authorizations you want to grant in the Not Authorized column and use the arrow to transfer them over to the Authorized column.
4) Once you have assigned all of the necessary permissions, click on Save.
1) From the main menu, select A > ADDITIONAL system functions.
2) Select A > ALTER system parameters.
3) Select P > Passwords and authorizations.
4) Select the user you want to grant the authorization to.
5) Assign the appropriate permissions
1) From the Sierra Administration Module select Authorizations and Authentication.
2) Search for the user.
3) Click on the "+" symbol next to the user name, and then click on Edit.
4) Click on Permissions.
5) Search for the desired permissions in the Available Permissions column. When you find the one you want to assign to the user click on it and then drag it over to the Assigned Permissions column. Once you have assigned all of the necessary permissions, click on Save.
Innovative provides default Print Templates that you can easily activate. Preview the templates; if they suit your needs then you do not have to worry about customization! Also, III will provide support for the default paging slips so you can contact them for assistance if they are not working correctly. III generally does not provide support for an institution's custom designed print templates.
Here's the default INN-Reach paging slip provided by III...
To activate default templates you must have the following permissions:
In the example found below you'll see screen shots from Sierra. The steps involved in activating default templates in Millennium are exactly the same.
1) Choose Settings from under the Admin tab.
2) Select the Print Templates tab, and select the Output Type (template type) you wish to use from the drop-down menu.
3) Check the box for Use Print Templates, the click on the default template and use the arrows to move it over to the Preferred Templates box.
4) Save your settings, then click on OK.