Some examples of EBSCOhost databases are: Academic Search Premier, Eric, PsycINFO, and CINAHL.
The first thing that you will need to do, before you can set up any search alerts, is to create an EBSCO account.
1. Locate and click on the "Sign In" link in the blue bar at the top of the EBSCO search screen.
2. Click on the "Create a New Account" link that is to the right of the login button.
3. Fill out the form.
4. Click on Save Changes.
Your account is now set up and ready to use. You will be able to tell that you are logged in by the myEBSCO icon. This login information will work for ALL EBSCOhost databases.
Note: This process can be done at any time in your search process, as long as you are logged into your EBSCOhost account.
1. Log into your EBSCOhost account using the Sign In link on the blue bar at the top of the search screen. There will be a yellow banner across the EBSCOhost icon once you are signed in.
2. Enter your search terms, set limiters, and modify your search until you are happy with the results.
3. Click on the Create Alert button that is to the right of the search boxes.
4. In the window that opens, type a name for the search in the Subject box. This name should be short, yet meaningful so that you remember what your search was about.
5. Select the Email Format that you would like to receive with your results.
6. Enter the Email Address you want the alerts sent to.
7. In the General Settings area, select how often you wish to receive alerts (Frequency), the time limit for publication date of the article, and the display format you wish the articles to be displayed in.
8. If you want to jave even more options to set for your search, click on the Advanced Settings link.
10. Click on Save or Save Alert. Your alert is done set and ready to go!
11. If you prefer to use an RSS Feed instead of email, copy and paste the RSS Feed link into your favorite Feed Reader.